1. The Word of God – We believe the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:21; I Corinthians 2:12-13; John 10:35; Hebrews 1:1-2;
Mark 12:36; Acts 3:18
2. The Trinity – We believe there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons: God the Fathers, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit; that these are equal in every Divine perfection, and that they execute distinct but harmonious office in the work of creation, providence and redemption.
Matthew 3:16-17; John 14:16-17; John 15:26; Hebrews 9:14; I Corinthians 12:4-6;
Ephesians 2:13-18; Jude 20-21; Matthew 28:19
3. God the Father – We believe in God the Father, and infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer when offered in faith, and that He saves from sin and death all
who come to Him through Jesus Christ. Galatians 3:26; Psalms 90:1-2; John 4:24; Psalms 99:5,9; Job 37:15; I John 4:8-16; John 3:16; Nehemiah 9:16-19,31; Proverbs 15:29; II Chronicles 7:14; Psalms 66:18; Romans 3:5-26.
4. Jesus Christ – We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit, One mediator, true God and true man, We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary atoning death, burial, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and visible return to earth.
Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; I Corinthians 15:1-4; II Corinthians 5:19-20, Hebrews 7:25-27;
I Thessalonians 4:13-18; John 14:1-3; Revelations 20:4-6; John 1:14; Matthew 1:20;
5. Holy Spirit – We believe in the Holy Spirit who convicts the world concerning sin, righteousness and judgment, who also regenerates, sanctifies, and empowers all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Christ, and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, guide, and comforter.
John 14:16-18; John 16:7-14; Romans 8:9,14,16,26,27; Ephesians 1:13-14; Luke 12:12;
6. Regeneration – We believe that all men are sinners by nature and by choice and are, therefore, under condemnation. We believe that those who repent of their sins and trust in Jesus Christ as Lord are regenerated by the Holy Spirit.
Titus 3:5; II Corinthians 5:17; I Peter 1:23; Ephesians 4:24; Ephesians 2:10; Galatians 6:15;
7. The Church – We believe in the universal church, a living spiritual body of which Christ is the Head and all regenerated persons are members. We believe in the local church, consisting of a company of believers in Jesus Christ associated for worship, work, and fellowship. We believe that God has laid upon the members of the local church the primary task of giving the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost world.
Matthew 16:15-16; Acts 2:37-47; Romans 12:15; I Corinthians 12:10-12; Ephesians 1:22,23;
Ephesians 4:3-10; Colossians 3:14-17; Titus 1:5-9; Acts 1:7-8; Luke 24:46-49.
8. Christian Conduct – We believe that a Christian should live for the glory of God and the well-being of his fellow men; that his conduct should be blameless before the world; that he should refrain from unchristian activities such as use of illegal drugs or narcotics and activities of the occult; that he should be a faithful steward of his possessions; that he should seek to realize for himself and others the full stature of maturity in Christ. We believe that every Christian should practice compassion, forbearance, and patience toward his brethren in the Lord, forgiving and forgetting any wrongs done against him, refraining from all gossip and unkind criticism, and always seeking to help the weak and to correct the erring. We believe that his conduct toward all who are outside the assembly of believers should be honest and above all reproach at all times.
Colossians 3:1-17; Ephesians 4; Titus 2; Hebrews 10:24-25; Isaiah 47:11-14; Leviticus 19:26,31;
Leviticus 20:26-27; Deuteronomy 18:10; Galatians 5:20; Revelation 21:8; Revelation 22:15.
9. The Ordinances – We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has committed two ordinances to the local church: baptism and the Lord’s Supper. We believe that Christian baptism is the immersion of the believer in water to show forth in a solemn and meaningful emblem his faith in the crucified, buried and risen Savior and his identification with Him in death to sin and resurrection to new life. We believe that the Lord’s Supper is the commemoration of the Lord’s death until He comes again and should be preceded always by solemn self-examination.
Acts 8:26-39; John 3:23; Romans 6:3-5; Matthew 3:13-17; Colossians 2:12;
I Corinthians 11:23-28; Mark 14:22-26; Luke 22:7-20; Matthew 26:26-30.
10. Religious Liberty – We believe that every human being has direct relations with God, and is responsible to God alone in all matters of faith; that every church ought to be independent and must be free from interference by an ecclesiastical or political authority; that therefore, Church and State must be kept separate as having different functions, each fulfilling its duties free from dictation or patronage of the other.
Matthew 11:28-30; John 14:6; Hebrews 4:14-16; I Timothy 2:5; Acts 4:17-20; Romans 13:1-7;
I Peter 2:13-17; Matthew 22:20-21.
11. Church Outreach – Our church may cooperate with other Christian fellowships, home and abroad, on a voluntary basis.
Galatians 6:2,10; John 15:12; Acts 1:8.
12. The Last Things – We believe in the imminent, personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to call for His own who will appear before Him, and to establish His kingdom. We believe in the resurrection of the bodies of all mankind, the final judgment, the eternal bliss of the righteous, and the endless suffering of the wicked.
Luke 12:35-40; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; John 14:1-6; I Corinthians 15; I Corinthians 3:10-15;
I Corinthians 5:1-11; Matthew 13:36-43; Matthew 22:11-14; Revelation 20:11-15; 21:1-6; 22:1-5.