Sundays – 3pm-5pm
3rd – 6th graders – meets in the Sanctuary
T&T are two clubs in one with two distinct curriculums, uniforms and awards:
Ultimate Adventure for third and fourth grades
Ultimate Challenge for fifth and sixth grades
The name Truth & Training reflects the passion of Awana to teach third through sixth-grade boys and girls the truth of God’s Word and to train them to follow Christ in their daily lives. A cast of fun characters leads boys and girls on interesting journeys in their handbooks. Children come each week to hear a gospel message, memorize and study scripture, earn awards, play games and have gut-busting fun!
T&T activities are divided into 3 equal parts:
Large Group Time
This is the Bible Story time. We also use illustrations, costumes, and hands on activities to reach the kids with the message of Jesus. Oour Awana Band leads the singing with a lot of energy. This can also involve crafts and snacks at times.
We have a good time playing games and need to wear our tennis shoes for this. When weather permits, we may play outdoors or walk to the Fulton Gym. Please dress your clubbers accordingly. Sometimes we use this time to practice for our AWANA Games.
- All T&T clubbers start with the “Start Zone″ entrance booklet. When they complete that, they are eligible for a uniform and handbook.
- Parents are encouraged to listen to their child and help them learn verses at home. Two helps are allowed per section.
- The parent signs the pages to indicate that the section has been prepared for club.
- At T&T Club, the clubber again recites each section to a T&T leader.
- The leader signs the section to indicate that it has been passed.
T&T clubbers are awarded patches for passing sections. The handbook will show you where you should put them on their shirt. They also have the opportunity to earn an award for completing their whole book at the end of the year and will receive it at the AWANA Awards Ceremony.
Learn the T&T Theme Song!
Boys T&T Director
Sam Bilhorn at 608-445-0318 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Girl’s T&T Director
Rachel Zimmerman at Rachrach0817@yahoo.com