Sundays during our Youth group, we break bread together and share in Christian fellowship.
On any given Sunday, you will find youth plus a handful of adults (around 20 altogether) playing, praying and practicing our faith together. Each Sunday after 2nd service we meet in the kitchen (eating place to be determined) and enjoy a meal provided by one of our youth families. At the beginning of the Varsity (school) year, we put a schedule together of parents for preparing meals.
Here are some helpful hints when planning and preparing a meal.
- We eat approximately at 12 PM each Sunday.
- There are full kitchen facilities so you may cook here, or prepare your meal at home and simply heat it up in our ovens/stove.
- A general rule of thumb is 1 lb. of pasta per 5 people.
- A green salad or large portion of vegetables helps keep us healthy.
- Dessert is not necessary but is always appreciated.
- We will provide water and lemonade, you may bring additional beverages if you choose.
- Garlic bread, rolls or raw veggie slices help fill us up, we are growing teenagers after all.
Planning a meal for a group this size can be difficult and daunting. Here are some suggestions to make it easier:
- baked potato bar
- chili and cornbread
- build your own sandwich bar
- taco bar
- soup, salad, and dinner rolls
- casseroles go a long way
- macaroni and cheese is a big hit